Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home is where the Heart is

Ever heard of that expression? Of course you have. It is after all, such a famous one.

Can Home be just one place? I think for my case, it is hard to specifically pinpoint it to only one location. Home to me is first and foremost the place where I was raised, the place where my family is. However, as I grow up, expand my wings and explore the world, Home takes on a new meaning. Home can refer to my small place here over in J-land, my host family's house etc. But most of all, it is where my heart truly is: with Marc. The recent but short holiday that we had showed me that just by being together, I find comfort and peace. It is indeed something that I miss on a daily basis. To come home to someone is a wonderful feeling. To have someone next to you, to have a meal with someone, to be hold, hugged and cherished are things so simple but yet so meaningful. Yes, Home is most definitely where the heart is.

No comments: